Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy Mama

This past weekend it felt like we weren't really home! Friday once I got home I decided to take a nap. Josh ordered pizza and we lounged and crashed early I think.

Saturday mama stayed in bed until almost noon. I was up before then but I didn't want to get out of bed. After I joined the land of the living we headed out to my mom's for some gumbo... It was a great lazy day...We ate and played cards....after our card game (let me mention I had the freakin lowest score) I fixed my nieces hair for a practice run for a pageant she is participating in at the end of the month. Josh and I needed to head out to Cheddars in Webster to make a delivery. Once we got to the office I told him what product to pull while I made the invoice. We got all the way there and I opened the back to find the wrong product!!!!! He makes me sooo proud! So we stayed and ate dinner...did a little shopping at Babies R Us ...Walmart...We were wiped out by the time we got home....

Sunday was our usual church day...and lunch with my parents... Mati and I made the correct delivery to Cheddar's while daddy started yard work. There was still plenty to do once we got home so Mati played in the garage and driveway while we worked. She did really good. She rolled balls down the driveway and laughed. I can't get over what a toddler she has become. We had dinner with Josh's dad Sunday night. Overall it was great weekend...just felt a little short!

All About Mati Moo: Like I said above she is definitely becoming more and more like a toddler. She is addicted to her Gerber Cheetos's and gets really mad when she runs out. This morning I had my hair still in a towel and we went to her room to get a bow. I was holding her since she hadn't been awake for too long. She would reach up and touch the towel and laugh at me. She would lean out in front of me...look up ..and laugh.. it was sweet. Today when I dropped her off they were telling me that her and the class bully were standing there hugging each other yesterday. She has also learned hot to throw a fit you could say. She will scream if you take something she wants...or if you do something she didn't like. When do you start discipline? After bath time I wrap her in a towel and let her look at herself in the mirror ...she says "baby" and giggles...once we try to start getting in her jammies its a game of chase. She doesn't want her diaper on and you have to catch her. She will stiffen her body as you are putting her diaper on, flip, and take off. Oh the joys! She really has gotten into a very fun phase ..full of dancing and laughing so...we are soaking it up.


I am also learning to sew. Heaven help me. I see so many things that I think I could make and think paying 75 bucks is a bit ridiculous. Last night was my first night. I learned how to thread the machine and I also sewed together some ends for some ruffles I am making for an outfit. We will see I will post pics when it is done. Hopefully by Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO LEARN TO SEW TOO. MY MOM IS AMAZING AT IT & I WANT HER TO SHOW ME OR I MIGHT TAKE A CLASS AT HOBBY LOBBY. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT MAKING YOUR OWN THINGS...THE PRICES FOR SOME OF THE THINGS IS CRAZY WHEN YOU CAN MAKE IT YOURSELF FOR LESS THAN HALF. MY MOM & I ARE ACTUALLY WORKING ON A LITTLE PROJECT RIGHT NOW. I SAW IT IN A MAGAZINE FOR $15..ITS A ROLL UP THAT YOU PUT CRAYONS IN FOR WHEN YOU GOT OUT TO EAT AND EACH CRAYONE HAS A SLOT...ITS REALLY CUTE. WE BOUGHT FABRIC FOR 5 OF THEM AND IT DIDN'T EVEN COST THE $15. WHERE ARE YOU LEARNING HOW TO SEW?

    ReplyDelete