Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To my little love

Dear Mati Moo,

I just wanted to tell you that I love you more than life itself. On Sunday you turned 18 months old, and I couldn't believe you are halfway to 2. WOW! The past 18 months have been the best months of my entire life. You are such a sweet baby, and you love to show affection. You like to color and draw on things, you are in love with Elmo, and you are the pickiest eater ever ( this is probably my fault). Your daddy and I can't believe how much you love your Elmo right now. The only thing you have been attached to since birth was your binky, which I hate to break it you...that will soon be making its departure. :) You carry your new friend around everywhere and lately he needs to ride to school with you and he also needs to sleep with you as well. You really like the Wiggles and I often find myself singing their tunes at work. We have a routine that you follow everyday. I think they are important and I know you enjoy it so...that's what we do. After school everyday we swing by maw maw and paw paw's and say hello...they expect to see you everyday and if mommy has school they make sure to come by just to say hi. They adore you. You play and they feed you things that ruin your dinner.. :) and then its off to the house to wait for daddy or as you call him Josh. We get dinner going and get on the couch and watch our daily dose of the Wiggles....after dinner its bathtime...playtime...book time...whatever you want...you run the house :) You love your slide from your grandma, its your new thing. Weekends are spent learning new things or helping mommy clean. We stay pretty busy, and when you can hang outside with your daddy for a bit you are in heaven. He does everything for you. Last night when I got home from school you were asleep and your daddy was looking at old pictures from when you were tiny tiny. He loves being your daddy. Just don't be silly and decide you want to get married at 12....lol...it will break his heart. Although you look a lot like your daddy you take after your mommy quite a bit in the personality department. Your love for shoes is adorable and if I would let you, you would try on all your shoes daily. You love to dance, but what girl doesn't? You also love to make people laugh. You wore your sunglasses in church for 5 minutes on Sunday just to get people to look at you. You are such a ham.Last but not least I want you to know something pretty important. Mommy and daddy are both in school right now and we both work and sometimes life seems really busy. I just want you to know that you are never on the back burner...you always come first to both of us. I would rather spend my nights with you and stay up until dawn studying just to do it all over again. We work to provide you with everything. You love daycare and you friends and I think it has helped you have amazing social skills. You are a little social butterfly. You love people.Everything we do is for you, for a good future, for a good life....we love you unconditionally. I don't think I knew what that meant until I knew you. <3

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. <3 love it! you have to print this out and save it for her when she is older!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. playdate is on! i would love for Anakin to have friends to play with when we visit TEXAS! I will let you know exactly what days we will be down and we can agree on a day. I know you are so busy with work, school and Mati Moo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok now that I have cried first thing in the morning!!!!!!!! That is so sweet Katie!! You are an AWESOME mommy and Josh is an AWESOME dad! I think ya'll have a wonderful life ahead of you and Maddie is a very lucky little girl! Can't wait to have her and Sadie a playdate! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest letter kate... Josh and you are amazing parents to Mati.

    ReplyDelete