Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Noah's Birth Story

I know it has been a while. I am going to try and catch up in a series of posts so bear with me.

In the weeks that lead up to Noah's birth especially the last week, I was up during the nights with false labor. I guess that made for such a quick delivery. On the day he was born I was very uncomfortable the night before. I dreamed that Madelynes carriage/castle was on my stomach and the pressure was unbearable. Josh woke me up as he left for work and I told him I was going to have Noah that day and I would call him later when he needed to leave work. All morning I somewhat threw stuff in a bag and called and made an afternoon appointment with my doctor. I called Josh and told him to meet me there at 2. When I showed up to my moms the first thing she said to me was " you would go into labor with your dad gone"...I guess it was all over my face.

I left Madelyne with her and met Josh at the Dr.'s office. I was 4 cm dilated and she told me to meet her at the hospital in no more than 2 hours. I went home in a state of panic and tossed some stuff in a bag. I cried as we rode to my moms to drop Mati off. I was thinking it was our last few moments as a family of three. Josh thought I was crazy. I just blamed it on the hormones. We took our time, picking up an early dinner. I got there about 3 hours after my appointment and by that time I was a 6. I opted for the epidural and my pain level never went over a 3. my doctor came to visit and they put me on a small dose of pit while she went and did a csection. She returned ready to pop my water. After I told her to go grab some dinner and come back and see me. As she closed the door I felt so much pressure and within 10 minutes I felt like I needed to push. She came running back and told me she knew she didn't need to get dinner. She popped my water sometime between 9:20 and 9:30 pm and I delivered Noah at 9:53pm. The family was ecstatic. Mati held her little brother and I was flooded with all the emotions mommies get right after giving birth. Those are the moments I held on to for the next 7 days because nothing could have prepared us for what would happen about an hour after her was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment