Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Josh's Birthday!

So today is Josh's birthday and just like every year the holidays over shadow it a bit. This year I planned something special. Last weekend I took Josh to the Grove downtown and my mom watched Mati all night. I had romantic plans to eat dessert at the waterwall, but low and behold it wasn't going. Needless to say Josh and I were back home and shoes off by 10:15 and our dinner reservation was at 8. Yes I know we need a life. It was exactly what we needed. I still woke up through the night thinking "where's Mati?" I set my alarm for 6:30 to go get her, but I was scared that no one would be up so I held off until 7:30. At that point I couldn't take anymore. This morning Josh had a special birthday card waiting from his little girl, I think he enjoyed it. We are going out of town for Thanksgiving so tonight we are having dinner with my siblings and parents to celebrate the holiday. Last night we had dinner at the new Gringo's in the Pearland Town center and I have to say, I was impressed with the building..but not the service.
For an update on little miss Madelyne she is doing great. She coo's at everything and Josh and I participate in baby talk. I don't know if she is smiling at the fact that she got 2 adults to say goo goo and gaa gaa or if there is a secret baby lingo we have discovered. Over the past 2 weeks we have been waiting patiently for a giggle. She is trying so hard. She smiles so big and gasp in instead of outward. So we are just sitting on the edge of our seat letting her take her sweet little time. :) She is growing so fast....I had a friend reccomend an amazing website for baby clothes and I ordered her the cuttest outfit. I am convinced I could have learned to have made the same thing for 1/3 of the cost.
Unfortunately I blog at work in my spare time and I have no pictures on this computer to post with my blogs. I will have to work on that, but for now my ramblings will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment