Monday, December 1, 2008

Winding Down..

Well our week was crazy last week, and unfortunately I have gained 5 pounds back. I was within 1 pound of pre pregnancy weight and blew it over Thanksgiving week. I am so dissappointed in myself...uhhh...Back to Skinny Mini time. Last week we started Thanksgiving on Tuesday with my siblings at my parents home here in Pearland. Next, we traveled all day on Wednesday (Junk food on the road of course) to get to Mississippi to spend the holiday with my realtives. We did lunch at one grandma's at noon and the other one at 3....then we went back to the first one's house to do dinner at 7:30. Needless to say Josh and I felt more like we were waddling than walking. Friday we did some shopping, grabbed chinese food and relaxed. It was such a crappy Friday, it rained all day. We decided to come home early Saturday morning to try and get ready for our week to start. We got home around 2:00 and I couldn't make myself clean...washing the sheets was enough for me. Mati was extra sore from the ride so we had to end up giving her tylenol to help her relax. We lounged and crashed early....Church on Sunday then a late lunch with the Kozel family.
Now for an update on my little Mati. I can tell such a difference in her this week. It seems as if she talks more with her eyes now. She is smiling non stop. Josh has started speaking whale (dora from nemo) and Mati loves it. I have to say I get a kick out of it myself. She has gotten so strong, she loves to stand on her feet and hear that she is a big girl. We are still waiting on the giggle...she is shrilling like non other, and she gets so tickled some times. My family loved getting to see her in Mississippi, everybody wanted to hold her. She doesn't like being held like a baby anymore except for when she is very sleepy. It's going by so fast. Josh wants her to work on crawling so bad. He puts her in the floor and trys to motivate her, but I would just be happy keeping her like a baby for a little bit longer. It took 9 monthes to build this little human in my body and I feel like she will be talking before we know it. It's very bittersweet. I can't wait to watch her dance and play, but I am going to miss the first stages of her life.
Last night Josh and I started watching Schindler's List. Josh had never seen it and I am such a history freak. I am fascinated by the Holocaust and wanted Josh to learn a little more. I already felt thankful from the Thanksgiving week, but watching that movie only made me feel an overwhelming feeling of Thankfulness...
I am ready to start my week... House is clean, laundry put away. I am ready to relax and get off this sugar high.

No comments:

Post a Comment