Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a mess!

My day started off in an unexpected way. My mother in law was keeping Mati for a half day today, so I dropped Mati off with her and noticed I didn't have any diapers in the diaper bag. I told her I would be right back and called my office to let them know I would be about 15 minutes late. I looked down to move my phone from my lap and CRASH!!!!!! I rear ended a freaking explorer....talk about a bad day!!!! My poor car was crushed on the drivers' side and her car had a few scratches....seriously!!!!!!!!!!!today? Frantically I called Josh. Its amazing how when you are a kid you worry what your dad is going to say and after you are married you worry what your husband is going to say..... I called like 100 times and no answer so I waited on the cop to get there and make out his report. He wasn't in a very good mood. He was super nice to the other girl, but I didn't get that luxury! Of course it was my fault because I hit her from behind. MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS! My daddy followed me to Strickland where they hooked me up with a sweet new Tahoe...I should have gased it and totaled it....just kidding. Anyway for the time being I will abuse this big body for some Christmas shopping!


On another note I am spending the day getting us organized! I need to do some serious cleaning before next week, so I am working on a list for Josh and myself. We aren't done Christmas shopping yet and I really need to wrap gifts. I am tired of them being piled in the guest bedroom. I can't wait for Madelyne's first Christmas. I am still on the hunt for a Santa outfit for Mati. That will be one of my main focuses for the weekend and then I will surrender to Josh and probably just get her something pink. She is so pretty in pink! So many plans.


Josh has decided not to do the Bullrito's concept. I am very glad. It would have been more money .....yes...but at what expense? I love having nights and weekends with the love of my life and I am just not ready to share him yet. We are still learning to be a family, and he see's that its just not right for us right now. He came to me yesterday and said he had, had a bad dream and just felt very uneasy. This was very hard for me to swallow because I wanted more than anything to be home with Madelyne, but I have now had time to adjust and I have realized that I am not missing her whole life by working - I see so much of it everyday. I might not be there to hear her first word or see her very first steps, but in the same sense you never know - I might be standing right there. Even though I am working, Josh and I have played a big roll in her development - she started mocking us first...that has to mean something. If she is anything like her parents she will love people and ultimately love daycare. She isn't enrolled yet, but maybe she will start around 9 months. I have decided that since I have to work, then I would rather do something that I really enjoy. :) In the words of Billy Madison...."back to school..back to school"... I plan on talking to some counselors next semester and enrolling for fall night classes. I can't wait! I am very good at what I do now, but I don't know if I would see myslef here doing the same thing for 20 years...I want a degree and flexibility to move around if need be. No one knows what the economy will do. I have been rambling for quite a while so it's back to the drawing board!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment