Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perfection

It amazing me how much we all strive for perfection. It pushes me daily and motivates me to be a better person. Its quite funny for me to think of all the things I do when in all honesty there will never be that perfection...there will always be a flaw. A nice tan....perfect eyebrows..manicures...pedicures...Mati always dressed adorable...I strive for the "leave it to beaver" household. Once I was in Jr High I grew up in a home where my mom stayed at home and had snacks ready when we got home and my dad never lifted a finger in our house. He always did the manly things outside. I grew up with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Saturday was usually our work day and the girls did the housework...laundry..and the boys worked outside. I was always raised to keep a clean home. I have fond memories of my mom running around the house cleaning or her asking me to help her by vacuuming before he got home from work. She always made dinner solo and never asked for anyone's help. I always liked that. SO with that said I am the same way in many ways. Josh has never cleaned a toilet since we have been married. I love the bed made before we leave every morning.. I like the covers to be tight and straight. I even straighten Mati's crib and fold her blanket. Mentally I always want to be that perfect wife...but what is the perfect wife? I think she is many different things to different women. Mine... would be a wife that stays in shape for herself and her husband...keeps a clean..organized house..always takes time in her appearance...always on time..ladylike...no potty mouth (thats so unattractive).. but most of all she is a loving wife and mother... I don't necessarily think a wife should talk bad about her husband to other people. My mom always says that " you should always think your crow is the blackest" ...really that makes no sense...lol...but what she is saying is that you should always think your guy is the best. Yes men have large ego's, but I think that is just their nature. I hope that I am a good example for Madelyne. I want her to want to be like her mom one day .....well better...

No comments:

Post a Comment