Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ReSaLe & My little TalKeR

Ok so let me start with the resale part. I have never shopped at a consignment shop before...not because I am a snob or think down on it. I just look at Mati's clothes as an investment. We plan on having a few more kido's and hopefully I can pass them down. God may give us 3 more boys instead...who knows..so anyways.. My mom kept telling me about this awesome consignment shop...I am thinking " ok I will get around to going"...When I finally did..I was blown away..Gymboree clothes with the tag still attached...Janie and Jack also. Shoes that looked like they have never been worn from Gymboree..anyways.. I walked out of there with like 5 pairs of shoes and some clothes for Mati. I was super excited..I have been raving about this place ever since. Next....Josh and I had been looking for Mati a cute wooden table to go in her play room. We fell in love with one..it was perfect. I kept thinking I could swallow the 400 dollar price tag...no biggie..then we find out it is in Australia...no thanks...So it was back to the drawing board. I had noticed that the real wooden tables are quite pricey so I just kept looking. I woke up on Saturday determined to find a table. Josh and I drove around 5 or 6 garage sales. I decided I would just sand and repaint...but no luck!!!!! We stopped by my parents and I was explaining this ordeal..and she reminded me of a consignment furniture store 2 miles from my house.. So on the way home we made our detour. Josh waited in the car bc he was convinced they didn't have one, and if they did it wasn't reasonably priced..so..I headed inside and wow...I was blown away. Some of the coolest stuff...and back in the corner a little white wooden table and 2 little white chairs..they were in almost perfect condition. So I was super excited when I raced to the car to let he know they had them. They have been sanded and repainted..The red polka dots go on tonight...I am soo excited.

Enough of that...

Mati moo is such a little talker. She repeats or trys to repeat everything you say....duck..click..cow..binky..Its funny. She can say and point to her eyes, nose, ears, and belly button. It's so cute to hear "belly button" come out of her mouth. She has a new obsession with being a little mama...she will take her spoons and spin in around like she is cooking in her little play cups and come and feed me.. She will say "nummm num"..as she walks away to get me more imaginary food.. She also loves to put her binky in my mouth. This fab started months ago, but now I will cry when she takes it back and she will laugh and put it back in my mouth...she is soo funny. Her sense of humor amazes me. She seems like such an older minded toodler. She laughs at things I would think would go over her head like moving my eyes funny or making a crazy gestures.Last week I taught her how to flap her arms like a chicken. You can tell her to be a chicken and she will fold her hands under her arms and flap them super fast...It's awesome! Last night Josh was at school so we had tons of playtime. I told her is was almost time for bed and she scooted to the other end of the couch and kept pointing to the tv like can't I watch it 5 more minutes mom..I told her she could watch it a little bit longer and asked her if she wanted to come back and sit with me. She scooted all the way back and sat right next to me. She looked sooo growny... She watched her cartoons and clapped to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment