Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving...and a little catch up

Ok so I am for sure this post is going to take a while. I doubt I will get to post pics until next week so just bare with me.


We had an awesome Thanksgiving....My sister came into town the week before and had our family dinner the Saturday before. The week of Thanksgiving seems like a blur...we had family in town...we put up the tree..(which is beautiful) and we went out of town.

We always go to Mississippi and spend the holiday with my extended family there. It is always so nice. Josh went deer hunting 2 mornings in a row. (he didn't get anything) Unfortunately this has sparked a new passion in my hubby...Now everything he gets for Christmas is hunting related. I won't lie I loved the fact he didn't care about hunting...now he is singing a different tune. OHH well...We spent the morning half at my maternal grandmother's...Mati and I took a nap and then went to my paternal grandparents....all I can say is I think I ate a whole pie ..plus some... We had been eating terribly and the scale was just getting heavier...or maybe that was me..lol...so yeah Josh and I are back on P90X until Christmas and it feels great!

Mati had a blast with all her cousins..keep in mind she never see's them and they are all over the age of 8, but they are so good about letting her play with them. They love her so much and they treat her like their little doll even then boys... One of the days all the kids were on the trampoline and Mati just stood at the door wanting to go play so bad. She just kept watching them and screaming "yes" at them like come get me now, I want to play. Poor little thing.

Mati has her own little Christmas tree in her room and she loves it. After her bathtime I will turn it on and she goes nuts....she will stand at the door and yell for her daddy to come see and she will run and wait by her tree to show it to her daddy.. lots of "ohhhsss"...Once he is on his way she will motion for him to come and will run to her tree to see. Its the highlight of the night sometimes. I will hate to put it away. Speaking of tree's, Mati loves to take the ornaments off our tree. I have a bag of about 8 ornaments that I couldn't find the hooks for that will be making there way back to the tree today. She is definitely in the "wait until mommy is not looking" phase. She waits patiently until I am not lookin and will open the trash can or whatever is she is trying to get her little hands on... It is so hard to keep a straight face.

A couple nights ago we were in her room after bathtime and she was telling me "shoes" so I repeat it back..than she moves on to "socks". She stayed on that for a while so I asked if she wanted her socks on and she answered yes..so I got he socks out and told her to sit down so I can put them on so she sat down and lifted each little foot one at a time...Right after she got up and went on her way. I think its cool that she know that shoes and socks go together. Everytime you change her diaper or she see's her diaper before it goes in the trash she says "yuck"...love it...lol...We will be moving into potty training after the holidays. I think she will be ready by them. She will pretty much let you know when she has "potted" and will say the appropriate word for each. When you tell her "lets go change your diaper" she walks to the changing table. She will also walk to her high chair when she is hungry and attempts to put her own bib on. She pretty much says anything you say. She can repeat anything.. and the little jabber box never stops...

She loves to act like a chicken...one night out of boredom I taught her how to "bok" with her little hands under her arms like wings...even if I say I am making her some chicken...she will act like a chicken..its hilarious.

Everyday on the way home we repeat words back and forth, she loves it. When she gets tired she will simply answer just "yes" when I say " Can you say..sippy cup?"....lol..She has such a big girl personality. She is still addicted to Cheeto's (Gerber) and I don't think the lady at the library found it too funny last week when Josh called it her "crack"...lol...

She is really good with helping you dress and undress her. When you tell her to come and put in her jacket she walks toward you with one arm out....lol.. and she won't leave until it is zipped.

The ladies at the daycare told me yesterday that all the new babies that are transferred into Mati's room, Mati will call them "babies"...Keep in mind they are only 2 months younger than her. Every little kid is a baby. She loves to give you a hug and say "hug"... I love that too... Tuesday when I went to pick her up ...her and 2 other little girls were standing in a little corner all shoulder to shoulder...I wish I had my camera...it was adorable..

I am soooo excited about Christmas this year. I have had so much fun picking out toys and clothes..

There are so many things she is doing and saying that make us laugh everyday. I wish I had all day to list them. We had a great Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and family. Isn't God good?


**** Pic's will be up next week...hopefully I will blog before then .. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment