Thursday, August 20, 2009

1 Day Away!

Wow....my little baby is going to be a 1 year old tomorrow. I can't believe it. It's very bittersweet! I can't wait to share this milestone, but at the same time I wish I could keep her a baby forever. She is doing new things everyday...she just melts my heart plain and simple.

Looking back I don't know what Josh and I were thinking when we got pregnant. Josh was working at the restaurant ..we just moved in our house....not to mention we were just getting by. I was alone a lot and I desperately wanted a baby. I didn't know what I was asking for... I didn't realize that I would be getting such an amazing gift from such an amazing God. Madeylne has taught me so much about life....and myself. I know there is much more to come and some of you mommies out there are saying I have seen nothing yet. I understand its not always going to be easy...that one day she might turn into a complete terror..but I know it will all be worth it. The Katie before I had Mati was a little more immature...a little more selfish...with her heart a little closed off due to circumstances known to few. When Mati was born.... it was like wave of love just rushed over me.......throughout my pregnancy I was flabbergasted at how much I loved this little person inside my belly that I never met...she is the only person who knows what my heartbeat sounds like. Its amazing how much you fall in love with the person you created before ever laying eyes on them. For daddies it's a little different I think....they of course rub the belly....get excited when he or she moves...but they don't have this complete adoration that we do. When your pregnant, its just you and the kido...you get them all to yourself and they are always in tow! My parents always comment how Mati is such a wonderful baby....no fits...she hardly ever cries...I told my dad the other day that I couldn't have gotten better if I picked her out of a magazine myself. Its such an amazing experience watching her learn and grow and I feel so privileged that God trusted me with a perfect little girl!

Tomorrow Josh and I both took off and we are so excited to spend her birthday with her...wake her up to her birthday jingle...get dressed in her special outfit...we will play...go to the park...go by the school and do cookies with friends...then....we will have some family time tying up loose ends for her bash.....next of to a family dinner. We will have dinner with our parents and siblings...Mati will get her first smash cake...I want her to have a little practice.... Saturday I can only imagine the stress and being pulled from one place to the other so....I wanted us all to go to dinner to make it a little intimate party for the party girl that we could relax and enjoy as well...

I am going to be swamped today so I better get focused...I hope to see everyone at the party!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the party, I know everyone will have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete