Friday, August 14, 2009

The Kozel's presents...Mr Kozel!

Not often do I get the chance to REVEAL myself to you all in this blog. Actually, a number of posts where pictures or videos are displayed were done by me. But do I ever get to speak MY mind to you all - surely not. From time to time, my beautiful wife will ask me to do a guest blog appearance, and most times I simply forget, or get lost in the many things I have to get done that day and never get around to it. So today I figured I would take the time to write a little about how my life is going.

First of all, life couldn't be more perfect! With a beautiful wife, that seems to be getting better looking by the day, and a precious little girl that is literally growing every day - I don't know what more a man could ask for. As my wife has eluded to in prior posts, I have it made - she keeps the house up 99% of the time (which by the way I treated her to a night where she could just "put her feet up and relax" this past Wednesday) and by nature of our schedule, makes sure that Mati gets where she needs to be and has what she needs 99% of the time. I appreciate everything she does and though I may not tell her enough - our world turns because of her, so great job babe!

I'm sure you all know about how graduate school is going - I'm currently in between the Summer and Fall semesters and happy to report that so far 2 A's out of 3 classes I took in the Summer (I'm still waiting on the other grade). You would think, that without 9 course hours of work and study, that life would be a breeze - well it is :) ...it is such a relief to know that when the weekend comes, that the most I have to worry about is working out and mowing the lawn - everything else is bliss.

Day 60 in P90X in the books, in 60 days I've lost 15 lbs and almost 10% body fat! And as I'm sure Katie has posted before - this is no ordinary work out/diet plan, not only do you get in shape, but you improve flexibility and strength as well. I could only do 6 un-assisted pull-ups when I first started (and that was struggling) and now I can easily crank out 15 pull-ups in one set. Ok, enough about me. Katie started this journey with me and like I mentioned earlier - keeps looking better every day. Although she hasn't stuck with the work-out schedule 100%, she has been eating clean and working hard to get the results she wants. She looks happier, thinner and more confident than she ever has since we met. So great job and keep up the good work!

And to miss Madelyne - oh how the days are passing swiftly. In just one short week, you will have been on this earth for a WHOLE year! It's amazing to see you grow daily, physically and mentally. Just this morning as you were playing with your magnetic letters and numbers on the fridge (throwing them off the fridge) you paused as you held the number six in your hand and stared at it as if you were already computing equations in your head! Your going to be a numbers girl, just like your daddy! Whether its numbers, or painting, or dance, or sales you'll do it with all your heart and your mommy and I will support you 100%. Here's to a great first year and although you won't really remember it too much, your mommy has put a lot into your party so make sure you tell her how much you appreciate it 10 years from now!

Signing off, and until another guest appearance...it's been fun

No comments:

Post a Comment