Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy weekend & more to come

WHEW!!! What a busy weekend...Well Friday started off bright and early at work...6am...Luckily I get off at 2 on those days! Mati spent the night with my parents and Josh and I went on a date. We had dinner and came home. We were too tired to go see a movie and we really wanted to take advantage of crashing without putting Mati down and sleeping without any monitor on. It was great! We slept until 930ish and Josh did school work while I got ready and went an picked up my sweet angel....We came back home and picked daddy up and ran to Wal-Mart to get a birthday present for Brody who was turning one. Then we headed over to my mom's house and spent some family time while my sister and my mom helped me put together Mati's goodie bags...Josh cut our my letters for my cute bucket and after finishing and eating...we headed to the birthday party.....We stayed about an hour or so and left a little early. We had lots to do and little time to do it in. We headed to Silverlake so I could do some shopping for Maddie who's birthday party was Sunday! I picked up 2 cute outfits and headed to tan...then home sweet home... We had some Veal Chops for dinner and Mati got her bath while daddy did more school work. Some where in all of this I am trying to clean house and Josh is working out.

Sunday was our usual church in the morning and it was pouring rain when we left. We had made plans to go eat dinner with my parents so I had my head right next to the a/c vent trying to prevent the drowned rat look... After lunch we headed home for some much needed r and r. I got laundry started, Mati went down for a nap so Josh and I watched Obsessed. We haven't had much movie time lately so it was nice. Josh did Yoga while Mati and I got dressed for Maddie's bash! We ran his parents invite over on our way...We ended up being a little late, but I think it was ok. Maddie's party was a hit. We really enjoyed ourselves and got to see everything we will be going through in 2 weeks. I am kind of starting to worry that I might have went a little over board. ohh well...whats done is done!!!! We came home around 6:45 and I began cleaning like a mad woman....I have 1 load left in the dryer which I hate, but my house is clean..what more could a girl want. I am just hoping and praying that Mati doesn't get Chicken Pox. A little girl had them last week in Mati's class ...incubation time it 2 weeks...that means Mati would break out next Monday or Tuesday. That means 3 to 4 days before her birthday. I rebuked the virus the whole way home last week and I have prayed a million times...i think I will be doing a lot more praying before the week is over.

Speaking of Mati she amazes us more and more everyday! This morning I set her up on the changing table and she saw Josh and said "daddy"..... he loves it!!! He really likes the sound of daddy more than da da da....lol...Everytime I tell him to look at her she watches and makes sure he does...its so cute. I am starting to introduce real food to her... slowly...she is doing pretty good. She ate some fruit salad off my plate yesterday at the party and loved it. She has become quite attached to her mommy lately. Both my parents agree that she is a womans baby. Anytime i walk out of a room no matter what she is doing I hear those little hands smacking the ground behind me. The walking is progressing... We are working on holding one hand and walking next to mommy or daddy. She has a lot more confidence when it comes to standing alone and if she has something to hold on to...she prefers to stand. We caught her in the trash can this past weekend and she likes to get anything out of drawers if she can reach them. The older she gets the less I see myself wanting to go back. People say the baby itch will come back but I started to get doubtful. Josh of course still wants a litter...but Mati is just getting easier and I can't wait to start potty training in the Spring...

Ohhh well I need to get to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment