Tuesday, February 10, 2009

~Fireproof~

Yesterday was your typical Monday. I am glad its over. My sweet little baby is cutting her bottom teeth this week. She hasn't been in the best mood and it has totally thrown her whole body off. My mom said she thinks it should be through the skin by the end of the day and we are hoping for the best. It has been so much easier with Mati sitting up on her own. I can give her a bath and dress her and just put her on the floor with her toys, and she is perfectly content. She will just sit there. I read yesterday that sitting up will teach her to crawl. She will lean forward on her hands and push herself back upright. Apparently that is how they start learning how to crawl. I am definately a "google" mom....I don't know where I would be without google. Being a new mom I have so many questions and so many "freak out" moments, but I am learning to relax. That is a great feeling. Mati is also loving touching faces along with everything else. I just think it is so sweet to see her reach out while I am talking to her.

Love day is quickly approaching and I can't wait. I am super happy that it is on a Saturday and I get to spend the whole day with my love. We split the day up and I will plan the morning half and the hubbs will plan the second. I will spare you the details, but I can tell its going to be an awesome day!

Last night Josh and I stepped out of our norm and actually had a movie night. You know where you snuggle on the couch with a blanket and just enjoy each others company....one of those! It was so nice. Josh and I both listen to 89.3 a lot now and I have been hearing raves about the movie, "Fireproof" so I decided to check it out. It was obviously a low budget movie, but the message was actually very moving. The story line was about a couple who was trying to save their marriage without God's help! At first they were getting no where....but after 40 days they were back in love. His dad gives him a book called a "love dare" and it is 40 days of doing different things for your spouse, or looking at your spouse in a different way. I learned so much. You hear all the time about couples divorcing and they always say they were following their heart. I was quite shocked to learn that in the book of Job it talks about how your heart can be deceived and we have to ask God for guidance, so he can reveal the truth. I never thought I could learn so much from a film...it was pretty neat. Marriage isn't fireproof, and the fires of life will come, but you have to make sure that you can still stand after the fire.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, I've been wanting to go rent that movie SO bad! Maybe we will do that this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete