Monday, February 16, 2009

A Great Valentine's Weekend

Well after an amazing "Love" day....we are back at work...sick... uhh.... If Josh didn't have monthly close and I didn't have a busy order day..we would have both called in I think. I don't want that to damper this post though. We had an amazing weekend. It was our best Valentine's Day since we have been together. After 3 years of Josh putting himself into pretty deep holes, he redeemed himself ....We have done the outrageous pricey day ....and at the end of it ....it was still lacking. I think Saturday was the cheapest we have ever gone, and it was the most romantic day we have had in long time.

Our day kinda kicked off on Friday night, I dressed Mati in her love outfit and off we went to Gringo's...We had our usual, but I have to say the meal wasn't very intimate....We spent the ENTIRE meal catching up with an old friend. I am talking entire meal...from the queso to the check he was at our table.....I told Josh when we left I didn't think we even said a word to each other. It was nice to catch up though. Next we dropped Mati off with the Kozel's and headed to a church function!! It lasted a little later than we thought although we had a great time. I wanted Josh to sleep in on Saturday morning but as I was sneaking out the door to get some cute valentine post-its I made.....Baxter got out of the front door!!! I had to wake Josh up so he could watch Mati so I could go chase our little devil down... Once me and satan got home....just kidding...I made Josh his "love breakfast".....red, or should I say hot pink, heart pancakes and some red scrambled eggs....with a chocolate covered strawberry to accent his plate. He loved it and it was a really cute idea....when he woke up I had a note next to the bed that said "I couldn't wait to say I love you".......his hershey kisses on the ground that said " I kiss the ground you walk on"...and his love door......I took like 50 heart post it's and wrote reasons why I loved him....put them on the door so they would remind him every time he went into our bedroom...
We had our hearty breakfast and just kind of lounged for a bit. I got up and cleaned house and we went to the grocery store.....picked up some lunch on the way home and just kinda hung out. Josh rented the "Nights of Rodanthe" and ordered us a heart shaped pizza and some danishes to complete our "night in" theme.....I loved it...This year we decided not to do cards but to write love letters to each other. So we bought two leather note books and decided to trade them every year and write romantic letters back to each other......How romantic, right?....Mati had a little photo shoot that night before bed and Josh got to give me his surprise after she went to sleepy town.....He made the most beautiful bath...candles....rose petals....all complete...I have to say it was one of the most romantic nights of my life.....Good Job honey......uhh huhmmm...Our 2 year anniversary is next month so, I am sure you will do a great job....

Anyways.. Josh participated fully in Valentine's day and was sick as a dog.....he has been sick since Valentines day and I got sick yesterday....Mati hasn't caught it yet and I am hoping she doesn't!!!!! I hope everyone had a great day, and I am sure I will blog after lunch to catch you up on little Miss Mati!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment