Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter and "Dada"

I am so glad Easter has come and gone! We had a great weekend. Friday Josh was off so he and Mati had a daddy day. I had a crazy day of running around making deliveries with my boss and dropping our truck off at Penske. After he was dropped off at the airport that afternoon I was able to head home a little early and spend some time with my loves. I went and got an Easter skirt....it was a steal....$114 on sale for $30....hello.....other than that...we just hung out. We had a very lazy night. We watched Slumdog Millionaire which I highly recommend and cooked a pizza.

Saturday was kind of a crazy day. We had Easter at both parents homes and I had to fit a nail appointment in there....make Mati's headband and fix her slip...sleep in would be nice...clean house....the list goes on.

Instead of getting up too early for a Saturday and sitting in a nail salon, I opted for sleeping in and being lazy by staying in my bed watching tv until the second I had to get up to get ready to be at my mom's by 1130.....we were there by noon... ;) We had steaks...and had a great time with family. My mom had an Easter egg hunt in her back yard and Mati found a prize egg. She won 5 dollars... While mommy and daddy placed her in the yard for some good pics...ants made their way up those fatty thighs. I felt so bad when I saw the bites. She never cried. She had about 5 on each leg. After that I made my way to the nail salon while Mati and daddy went and took a nap at home. It felt so good to get pampered.....I felt like a hot mamma..lol... I met Josh and Mati over at the in laws for dinner.....the chicken was amazing... Mati got her some loot...including some really cute sunglasses... We caught up with family and headed to Walmart to get some things to finish up Mati's Easter basket from mommy and daddy. We got home, made Mati's headband, gave her a bath, and crashed.

Sunday was a very nice day..... Other than my house being a wreck we all looked pretty pulled together. Mati looked absolutely beautiful. Her huge slip was quite a hassle, but it made her dress stand out so good. After we went to church we stopped and grabbed some fast food since we would miss the food at Josh's family (Katy) get together. We ate...got home... changed and hit the road. We spent lots of time with his grandparents in Katy. Everyone got to see Mati and ohhh and ahhh at her. She was starting to morph into the bride of chuncky when we decided to head home. She slept half the way home and then some after getting home. I managed to clean the house. Josh washed the cars.....all laundry done, clean sheets.....ahhhh....Mati had been mumbling something all day and we couldn't figure out what she was saying....doy? as the day went on it was more pronounced....as dada....Josh was so excited...he didn't believe me at first. As he listened he conceded that I was correct! She says hey and ohh...but dada is big!!!! lol... Josh told me I better blog about it!

All about Mati: She loved her Easter baskets....Josh's grandmother made her one and Mati just loved it. She would take things out and put them back in the basket. She has the floor with his family. I don't think she knew what to do with so many faces just watching her every move. She is doing circles and constantly falling on he tummy from the sitting up position. She always wants to get down. ....like she can just walk around? She kicks her legs from excitement when I pick her up. She eats baby food 3 times a day and mostly 100 % of the can. She loves her cookies and is still thinking about the cheeto's.... She also has learned how to clap! I love love love my precious baby!

1 comment:

  1. You all looked great! Mati was absolutely precious! Katie you did so good on her head band!!! I can't wait to hear about her first day today at A Place to Grow!

    ReplyDelete