Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Sleep, Please?

Well today is an absolute mad house... Last night was the worst night since Mati has been born. She has always been a great sleeper...always...She doesn't fight her sleep for the most part, and only gets up once for a bottle and straight back to sleep. The past week she has had some congestion and a low grade fever, but the past 2 days it has intensified. Monday, she ran a fever of about 101 during the day and after some tylenol it went away. I picked her up after I got off work and she was my normal happy baby. She laughs at everything. Usually while Josh and I eat dinner Mati sits in her highchair...snacking on a cookie or playin with her toys. We have her close so we can get through dinner ;) After we are done eating I usually sit there and entertain her before she goes to relax with daddy while mommy cleans up. Josh and I make the dumbest faces...she will get so tickled. ok so I said all that to say this....she was normal Monday night...then at about 12 am she woke up and she usually gets up at 330. When I felt her she felt like she was on fire. Her temp was almost 102 and I made Josh call Texas Childrens to talk with a nurse. We were up with her about an hour a half until her temp went down. Then we all went to sleep. She didn't sleep very well so I decided to take her to the Dr. yesterday morning. He told me that Mati had 2 illness's....hmmm one...a common cold intensified by the second illness. I of course can't pronounce what he described but he scared the crap out of me. He told me Mati had canker sores in her throat, and that it was very swollen. She had some spots on her back and chest that he said would bloom and she might have sores come up on her body....SERIOUSLY? I think he might have been off on that one though, the little red spots have went away already so....I think he might have shot from the hip...and missed.. He did tell me that the fever would last on and off the next couple of days and she should be great by the end of the weekend. So last night Mati was so congested she couldn't suck on her binkie to sleep, so she screamed for 2 hours....I finally put her in the car and drove around...after about a mile she was out. I drove a few more to make she was calm so that if she did wake up...she would be calm enough to go back to sleep. I put her in the bed when we got home and she slept until 3..We gave her the usual bottle and of course her temp was up. So after putting cold rags on her she was wide awake and ready to play. It was the same battle trying to get her to go back to sleep...so after Josh tried for 45 minutes.. I stood up and rocked her back and forth...finally asleep.....515 she was up again...I am so glad Josh got her back asleep and let me just lay in bed...Thanks hunny! By the time he left it was time for me to get up....noway....so I slept in....jumped in the shower to shave my legs....skipped washing the hair. I feel a little thrown together but not enough to slow me down atleast my legs are smooth....lol..

Work...today and tomorrow and I am off on Friday....yay!!! I can't wait. Mati is with my mom today so I could come in and catch up... She can't go back to daycare until next week!

I am in a mood for lists though. I have this overwhelming feeling to organize and clean....I always do lists so I can give myself the satisfaction of marking through them when I am done and I love to look at a completed list. It makes me feel so much more together. Crazy right? I know, but I can't help it. So I think I am going to get busy on my lists...

Josh is having trouble with computer connecting to our wireless so....it should be fixed by today. I will load the pics of Mati from Easter weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Mati is feeling so bad! It is hard on everybody because you all get so tired! I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it Coxsackie virus? The blisters on the throat makes it sound that way. Morghan had it and consequently gave it to me right after I had surgery. Its pretty painful, but it shouldnt last too long(if thats what it is). I hope she feels better so you can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete