Monday, May 11, 2009

Blessed!!

Wow what an amazing weekend... I have an amazing husband and a beautiful little girl that made my weekend fan freakin fabulous!!!

Thursday night started my Mother's Day..Josh bought me the Mother's love ring from James Avery...I told him last year I liked his mom's....He is such a great listener.. lol..He wasn't going to be home Friday night soo..he gave it to me early..My parents were going out of town for the weekend so... we went and gave her ..her gift...she loved it.. We bought our parents photo boxes. We put Mati's picture on the outside and filled the first hanging slot with pictures we had of them with us and Mati then we put some casual pictures of Mati.. They loved them!

Friday, when I got off work Josh and I just kind of passed as he walked out the door..Complete flash back to Gringo's days...I am so so so glad he no longer is in the restaurant business...well I guess "we".. He worked a mother daughter banquet and church and was there until 11:30... I had some awesome mommy and Mati time though. We went and rented a movie, came home and I fed her dinner...I took a blanket outside in the backyard and we just played with the grass, and baxter for about 30 minutes. Then we had bathtime and I let her stay in as long as she wanted. By the time she got our of her bath she was ready to go to sleep....it was 7:30..and there was no way I was letting her crash that early!! So...I played with her in the floor until she became fussy and was out by 8:15...at least I got an extra 45 minutes out of her. So with nothing to really do...I cleaned a little and watched Cold Mountain.. Josh walked in the door shortly after it went off and we stayed up and talked in the kitchen...it was nice..we never do that.

Saturday my Mother's Day kicked off.. Josh made me an awesome breakfast that we were full from most of the day...pancakes...eggs...bacon, it was so good...We relaxed and watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"...It was a really good movie..it was pretty sad but well worth the watch. After that we got dressed ..Josh got his much needed hair cut while I tanned...Mati slept.... After that I left Josh and Mati for some daddy time and went and visited my sister that had been in the hospital. She had ordered pizza so..I brought Josh some home. We did yard work, gave Mati her bath, and relaxed....

Mother's day was an awesome day.... Mati and I got up early and tried to let daddy sleep in a little...we had church that morning ... Mati was a rascal... She napped on the way home. We changed and headed to the Kozel's for some family time with Josh's parents and grandparents. After stuffing ourselves we headed home and took a much needed nap. After we got up I couldn't avoid my laundry and my house caving in...so...I cleaned and got ready for today. I am such a creature of habit. When I met Josh he was so black and white and I loved that I was his grey area...now..I think we have meshed to freakin black and white...lol...we are so scheduled its ridiculous. It's a great life though.

Mother's day this year made me reflect on this great thing called Motherhood...I got extra time this weekend with her and she just makes my heart melt. She has such a personality, and she is so funny even for an 8 month old. It's a challenge changing her diaper now and I think its hilarious at how much she thinks that "no" is funny. She learned her B's this weekend and its been babababababa with a little da and pa thrown in there. She is starting to make her own little words and I just can't help but smile when I see her. She was laying next to Josh on the couch last night...we were letting her wind down before sleepy town and she just stared at me..she would make noises so I would look at her and she would giggle. It was the cutest thing. She is dancing to her music on her toys, and is so curious these days... She loves cinnamon cookies... and has become such a porker latley.. She loves loves loves to clap...she is still scooting backwards, but has more interest in walking.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday, Motherhood is such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment