Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am a MIRACLE man.

Anyone who has ever seen the movie "Signs" you remember the scene where Mel Gibson asks his brother if he is a miracle man....He gives a hilarious explanation and confirms that yes in fact he is a miracle man...After yesterday there is no doubt that I am a miracle man..well...woman... Yesterday Josh and I went to WalMart and after all the stress of the whole day..I was a bit overwhelmed and very much scatter brained....I left my phone on top of my car.. Of course I didn't realize it until Josh went to put our phones on the chargers before going to bed. The minute he told me that my phone wasn't in the car or the diaper bag...I knew.....I had a horrible feeling in my stomach and after frantically looking around I started to cry....I have a great phone and I really don't have another 300 bucks to throw around for a new one. Josh was pretty mad. He told me I wouldn't have a phone anymore...so I thought of the only thing I could do...I took Josh's phone and walked to the end of our street ..or the entrance of our neighborhood...and prayed for a miracle....I called my phone and sure enough....I heard it ringing, from a ditch!!!!! I was like a kid on Christmas morning. It has a small dent in the side but thats it!!!! No cracked screen and it looks great! Now that I am typing this and thinking about it rationally...I have insurance on this phone and a replacement would have cost me 50 bucks...heelllloooo Kate! This was my second time to do this sort of thing..last time my 2 month old sidekick ended up in 3 pieces at a major intersection of Pearland. So thank you Jesus!

Madelyne Update: She is doing a ton better.... We went to the Dr. on Monday and surprise surprise....she was no better. He said she had a resilient ear infection and wanted to know about chronic ear problems... He said she was breathing to heavy for him and she needed breathing treatments....ok whatever she needs...then he informed me that the antibiotics we not working and they were a high dosage so....we needed to do a 3 day cycle of shots. Okay...so yesterday I stayed home and did her treatments every 4 hours....took her back for shot number 2, and she is acting more like my kido again. She is getting up only 1 time...and she seems so much better. I am still doing the treatments and probably will until the end of the week or so. Today is her last shot and I am soooooo ready..The nurse says they are a very thick shot so its painful... She screams....like bloody murder...Over all she has done really well...I am really proud of her. Hopefully by the end of the week she will be like her old self again. Other than that she is becoming quite a handful. She wants to constantly get down..she thinks she can walk. All she wanted to in the Dr. office was walk back and forth so ...I held her hands and let her walk around. She has started trying to take her hands from mine while we are walking.... miss independent.. She laughs at me when I tell her no...I don't find this funny...lol...She is also scooting backwards now....she gets so mad...bc she can't be as mobile as she wants. She aslo said Maw maw this week..Its amazing how fast the words are coming out of that little mouth of hers...

Other than that Josh and I are soaking up every minute of life with our beautiful gift from heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment