Thursday, May 7, 2009

Normalcy

I am so glad today is Thursday and so thankful that my sweetie pie is feeling so much better. Yesterday was her last shot and she knew what was coming. The nurse said usually by the third day that they know what they are there for. I couldn't distract her and she started to cry before they even poked her. Poor baby! She is sooo much better though. No runny nose this morning...a little cough. She was still tugging on her ear, but I am hoping that goes away! She is back to being her playful self.. Last night I finally got to hear what she calls Baxter. It always sounds the same but she whispers it and when the tv is on and he is barking to be let out, I can't really hear her. So last night after we got home from church I heard her say "ater"...plain as day. The tv was off and he was patiently waiting so....I heard her and I repeated it back to her and she smiled and raised her eyebrows...so obviously mommy figured it out. She hasn't learned her B's so...I will just keep pronouncing it as "baxter" when she says her "ater".... Time is just flying by.

Josh and I have pretty much agreed that after the new year we are going to try to get pregnant again. I have lost all my baby weight and then some so as long as I maintain it...I will feel comfortable with blowing up again! For now..we are focusing on Mati! Have I mentioned that she loves attention. Yesterday at the Dr's office she was smiling at everyone. She would bend her back so she would be looking at them upside down for some extra attention. Of course, I hear all the time how beautiful she is...yes...we know! I still love to hear it though.

This morning went really smooth with Mati....when I got her to daycare this morning a little girl in her class ran up to her with her arms up and open with a huge smile on her face.. I put Mati on the floor while I got her stuff out of her bag and her little friend tried to sit on her lap. Mati started freaking out. She didn't know what was going on, she started screaming. It was so funny! I can't wait to see her at lunchtime!

This weekend we have some plans of course. My parents are going out of town so we are going to try go out tonight. I love what we got our moms this year...very sentimental... As for my Mother's Day....we are being very low key. I agree with Amy that I would love a day at the spa...BUT....it will have to wait! I will post some pictures as the weekend plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment