Monday, June 8, 2009

"Ok..you smell clean"..

Monday Monday Monday....ahhh...I hate and love Mondays... I am usually ready for another week to start, but I am always dreading the close of my weekends.. There is something about Mondays though....A fresh start ... a clean slate...a new week to screw up. This Monday is particularly hard, Josh starts back school today. I am very excited for him and I know this is something he has to get done to make our future better.....but I am terrified. I am usually stressed to the max...I am usually anxiously awaiting him to get home so I can have just a minute to catch up. Now he will be walking in the door, to a dark home...with his loves sound asleep. 4 days a week. He told me this morning I will probably learn to love it....the 2 hours before bed will turn into "me" time...and he is probably right. Enough of all that.

Friday...Josh and I had our date night. I got home and took a 20 minute power nap while Josh bathed Mati.... We got her stuff together and I got myself all dressed up.. Josh made a crack that I was overdressed BUT...I had to... I wanted to feel like it was a date..We went to Outback where I had to have everything that I won't be eating for the next 3 months...down to the dessert. It was all so yummy.... Next we ventured over to AMC.. we watched Angels and Demons...It was really good....highly recommend... I couldn't wait to pick up Mati. I checked my phone numerous times..making sure I didn't have a missed call from Josh's mom. Mati did great. She fought her sleep a little bit...probably bc she was in an unfamiliar place at first. It was so nice to go out and just be Josh and I....it was so nice..

Saturday..mommy's sleep in day...was a pretty good day. Josh made breakfast and tried to help out since I will be solo this week. Around lunch we headed over to my parents house to swim and hang out with my nieces and nephews that are in town. The pool was way to cold for me..I laid out for a bit and headed inside.. after some watermelon we headed out to do a little shopping...I got Mati some more new clothes and I got some new black sandal's... not what I was looking for, but they will do..After shopping Josh and I headed over to mom's for an early dinner then headed home while they went to bowl...Josh did the yard while I cleaned the house.....when we finished up we went and got some brownie mix and a movie...we picked the kido's up and headed home... 6 kids total...including Mati...I was pretty stressed out about it, but it went really smooth..After Mati went down all the girls made brownies and the boys played the wii....while the baked we had a rather quick bathtime....both of my nephews hate to take baths...you literally have to check them...smell the hair and the arms...I think its a boy thing....the girls were also interested in my old "love" box...( box of old letters and pictures of boyfriends...random scraps of paper with numbers scribbled on them)...memories...they loved reading my old love notes... I have one box from old flames and 1 box with letters just from Josh... I guess they got to see that I use to like boys too....lol...After brownie time the girls all piled into my bed and watched a little of Dirty Dancing...we all drooled over their romance..and Josh ran them out of our bed around 1130 or so..

Sunday was Sunday school...surprise surprise....then off to my mom's for some fried chicken. It was my sister's bday so we all had lunch...then we took the kids off to go skate...Josh and I just watched from the sidelines..Mati started getting really fussy so we headed home..we crawled into out bed and watched Mall Cop..well Josh did..I was in and out of my Sunday nap..after naptime....we washed our cars and I cleaned house. We got everything ready to start the week.I took a shower while Mati went down for the night and headed over to my parents house to tell the kido's bye...they are leaving today...I showed up in my pj' s and my 7 year old nephew asked what I was doing..I told him I just took a shower....and he just walks up to me and starts smelling my arms and says...."ok ..you smell clean"....the same thing I said to him the night before... I can't wait to hear funny things come out of Mati's mouth.

My parents have a bird that she loves....every dog is tah ter...(baxter)...and she will shreek with excitement. I love to watch her lean to see something when someone is in her way...she also has started pulling up on our legs now....and all the furniture. The daycare got some new colorful toys this weekend sooo....my usual clingy baby on Mondays....wanted down and took off to the new toys..I won't lie....it was nice... so I know you all enjoy pictures way more than my rambling..soo..I will take plenty this week with all of our mommy and Mati time...

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about josh going to school at night. Ruben does & at first I hated it but now i am so used to it. It's nice to have just me & Jacob time & our routine goes so much smoother. The time will fly & as you I just think it will only make our future better. They suffer by having to take night classes...we suffer by not having them at home at night but in the end it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Jess, I did get used to Danny going to school Monday and Wednesday nights. You will get used to it, Katie. Doesn't mean you won't miss him! ;-)

    ReplyDelete