Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend recap..

ahhhhh it's Monday and time for my usual weekend update: Our weekend was full of playtime and some first for little miss priss.

Friday night was a relaxing one....I don't think we did anything on Friday night besides watch TV and eat some pizza. Mati was standing up on everything. Every time we weren't watching her she had pulled herself up on something else..It was really funny to watch her try to stand holding her jumper. It's on springs soo....when it would shake she would freak out... She wouldn't let go so she was wanting someone to come help her. It was really cute. She has gotten really fast at crawling and is all over the place.

Saturday...I got up a little earlier than usual and hung out with my loves...Josh and I decided to go on a bike ride so.. my parents stopped by so they could pick Mati up while we rode ..thanks mom and dad... we rode and tanned...ohh I finally bought the spandex shorts...I refuse to go in the tanning bed place in them so I strap some loose shorts on my camel pack to put over them.. Josh and I got a little sunburned from the ride, but hey we needed it. After our ride..we went to pick up Mati and my parents were just getting back from buying some grub to cook out..so...Josh and I ran back home and got our swim suits to get in the water. Mati loves the pool. Of course she is the center of attention, but she laughs and splashes...she keeps up all entertained....after we filled up..we headed home ...I was a little depressed...my mom measured me while I was there and she had my measurements from when I was 19 so I had to compare. I weighed 5 lbs less...and I have lost inches BUT my hips are still out from having Mati. They are 4 inches bigger...OMG...I was probably more disappointed bc this is the hardest I have ever worked to be in shape. so...it sucked...but I guess it only motivated me to do more...enough of that...I had to work an event all the way in the Woodlands, I got home about 11...Josh did the yard while I was gone so..I got out of that this weekend....We chatted and then crashed..

Sunday was our usual Sunday school class...we went to Gringo's after for the first time in forever...then we ran some errands... I got Mati some more new clothes...and shoes...then we headed home for a nap....Mati had other plans...she crawled all over us and just wanted to play. Sunday night we actually went back to church....and crazy it was over super early...so we headed home and I went for a run...Josh did the medicine ball with me once I got back and my ab's are so sore. We did a massive clean and hit the hay...

All about Mati.... She is becoming quite a handful lately...she is talking up a storm and can say multiple words. This past weekend she also parroted Josh...which is huge... He went to change her diaper and said "we got poop"....Mati said "poop" right after him...I was floored...Not to mention Josh put her on the floor with her toys last night and she clapped and said "play"...."play"...I think it is so neat to watch her grow...She is so smart and every stage just becomes more fun than the last. She has turned into a complete clown. She makes tons of faces and loves to make you laugh. She also slept in her crib all weekend....She is starting to understand that no...means no....after many attempts over the weekend...I don't get such a big laugh out of her when I tell her no.... She knows she is the center of attention and eats it up...heaven help us when baby number 2 comes along.....many moons later of course..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment