Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Close of Summer and Whole Milk

Well last weekend was officially the last weekend of Summer. I had a great weekend with Family.

Friday Josh and I went up to the outlets at 290. I got to splurge and get myself some new clothes. Thank God! Mati is getting in her top two middle teeth. She already got the ones on the outside so her mouth will be looking a little more normal now..She has never had the explosive diarrhea with teething unil now.. example:....once we got home from shopping we decided to pick up some Central Texas..I told Josh I would wait in the parking lot with Mati while he ran in, she had gotten fussy from the ride so I pick her in the floorboard in front of me and let her play. I noticed a little grunting, but since were less than 5 minutes from home I decided I would wait to change her until we got home. Yeah Right! I look down and noticed an explosion of crap on the floor mat and all over the back of her clothes. So I am trying to strip her...and she wants to be held..she is screaming..ahhh I get crap all over me. It takes me s few minutes to stop laughing..I try to figure out some kind of damage control. Thank God I had her sheet and blanket from daycare. I stripped her down..I am also standing in the parking lot barefoot...with my naked baby. What a sight...people would walk by and just smile like it was the most normal thing.... of course Josh walks out just as I am done and he just laughs. My sister met us at our house and watched Mati while we went and worked out. I was sore for 2 days after that workout.

Saturday Josh torn my house apart. We are getting new floors put in the week. I am pretty excited about that. Josh is also starting Mati's playroom this week. Its an "all weather playroom" featuring rain...sunshine...snow...all that!The walls are painted a light blue with the ceiling a darker blue with clouds. I will post pick when it's completed! I had to run to the office and some errands. So Josh cut some grass while mommy picked Mati moo up and we went and bought a bday gift for Ms. Lilly who was turning 2. We had a blast at the party although we had to leave early to meet my brother and his wife. We met up at the Sugarland town center. They had a marching band playing... and people were crowded around in lawn chairs..it was pretty neat. We ate at Escalantes and brought our little monster home. Mati also started on whole milk.. she seems to like it. I will start the sippy cups next week..I have bought every kind and tried to try her our on them, and I get nothing. She doesn't get the concept she is suppose to suck..so I got one with a nipple and she just bites it....suggestions are welcome!

Sunday we had church in the morning and headed over to Josh's dads for some family time. Mati played and had great time with her great grandparents. Sunday night I tried to piece my house back together and start some laundry so I could enjoy my actual day off. We rented a movie and just had some us time.

Monday..Josh took off to the Gym..surprise surprise...We headed to my moms for lunch and just relaxed with family. After everyone left Mati fell asleep so my parents watched her so we could go get some groceries and pick up the paint for her play room. Once we got home it was a mad dash to put away nick nacks and decor. My house looks barren and cluttered all at the same time. Ohh well...Josh only works today of this week so he can supervise the floors and work in Mati's playroom.... Oh the life! Off to work I must go!

2 comments:

  1. The only sippy cup Morghan used at first was by Nuk. It had 2 handles and a silcone top that looked like a sippy cup, but soft like bottle nipples. It looks very similar to this one.

    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393932&moduleName=Brand+Name+Secondary

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey
    First of all I would like to wish Mati a belated Happy 1st Bday! Yay!

    On the sippy cup, I'm with Amy on that one. Anakin also started on Nuk, with the soft silicon cup. It took quite a few tries but eventually he got the hang of it. I had also started him on sippy cups at 6 months when he had his diluted juice once a day....so at the age of 1 year and 1 week all and I mean ALL his bottles were in the trash! Before you know it she will be drinking out of cups!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete