Monday, January 26, 2009

Kisses

Well we are back home from a rather long week. My grandparents cut down 7 or 8 huge tree's in their yard before they could clean it up....my step grandfather passed. Needless to say...Josh and I worked our rears off. I didn't know I could work that hard. We worked 2 days in row...all day... When we are all picking up to leave to go to my parents house .....I tried to pick up a log and flip it with Josh....I seriously screamed and dropped it! I have been in pain since....

We left Tuesday night and drove overnight to Mississippi. I was so exhausted Friday morning. Josh tried to wake me up and I told him I was about to be in a big race....funny right...he insisted that I wake up...so as I am trying to focus and open my eyes...they kept crossing..it sucked and he got a good laugh... he pulled me out of bed and literally drug me into the kitchen. After I finally woke up we headed off to see my grandmother. Her brothers and sisters were there and got to meet Mati for the first time. Mati also rolled completely over in my grandmothers living room and everybody cheered, she looked freaked out by all the noise and didn't care to do it again. We headed home and got ready for the wake. Honestly I felt like I was at another familys'...family reunion. I hardly knew anyone. We were there for support for grandmother so...it was a long night. Thursday was the day of the funeral. My brothers came to my moms to get ready and it was so nice to have them and their wives around. After the cemetary we headed back to the church where the church family cooked us an amazing dinner. The dessert was sinful... Then....the work began.....we worked until after dark and came back for more the next day. My grandmother played with Mati inside while we all worked...She enjoyed bonding with her. Saturday we veg'd and visited other family before heading home. I packed and did laundry while Josh relaxed since he would be driving..I got sick on the way home and it sucked...My house smelt so good when we got home. I was so ready to be home. We got in our bed....transferred Mati and crashed. I was still sick yesterday morning so Josh got up with Mati. I stayed in bed all morning and Josh made me a sick couch so I could join him and Mati. By that afternoon I was feeling ok enough to make dinner and by dinner...Josh was sick....so I let him veg in my sick couch while I got us unpacked and the house clean.

Today has been a crazy clean up day at work. I have been fixing errors that were made last week and Josh is getting everything ready for his month close this week. I decided that I am doing laundry tonight and nothing else. Tonight is TV night.

Mati Update: I know I must sound like a broken record but Mati has changed so much from last week. She is noticing the bubbles in the bathtub and wanted to play with my watch yesterday. She has also started giving kisses away....very big wet slobbery ones. Yesterday she was in her jumper and Josh would tell her to stand up for daddy and she would stand so straight and he would clap for her. It was the sweetest thing. She is still giggling at anyone that can make her laugh. She loves her baths...she just lays back and relaxes....some nights we have a crazy splasher and some nights she just chills... She decided yesterday she doesn't like her pea's after all, I was making dinner so Josh fed Mati and it was halarious. She would act like she was going to gag and rubbed it in her hair twice. The last spoonful ended up in her hand as she grabbed the spoon away from her mouth. I hated to leave her this morning...she was in such a good mood...she loves being on her routine. I can't believe she will be 6 months next month. I will post pics later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment