Friday, January 2, 2009

Blessed.....

Blessed is the only word I can think of, when I think of 2008. We had our 1 year anniversary and welcomed a beautiful little girl into this crazy world. Josh and I have always been in a whirlwind it seems. We were together only 7 months when he popped the question. We spent the next year and a half focused on our wedding and him finishing up school. We got married in March and started building our house by August. We moved in our beautiful home in November and by January.....SUPRISE!!! We found out we had a little bundle on the way.....I guess we enjoyed our new home a little too much..lol....So we spent the year furnishing and waiting on our little miracle to arrive. She was a little impatient and just couldn't wait until September. We got to meet her a little early on August 21. We had a very hectic year and I am hoping that after this month we can be very low key and just relax and enjoy Madelyne. She is just amazing...I can't help but smile.. everytime I think of that little dimpled out smile..Her dedication will be on the 11th and then no more hustle and bustle...or atleast we hope!


New Years Eve we did nothing. This has become a tradition with us that I want to break. Mati wasn't in the best mood and put Josh and myself on edge. New Years day on the other hand was quite fun. Mommy got to sleep in, and then we headed to my moms to eat lunch.. we hung out for a few hours and decided to head home for a nap. Well the nap didn't happen after I started pulling down Christmas decor. I got everything put away except for the lights that are on the house! That is going to be Joshs project this weekend. He isn't too excited about getting on the roof so I let him put it off 1 more day! I put everything away ...cleaned house.....made fudge brownies...gave Mati her bath and we headed back to mom and dads for left overs and a card game! My sister didn't show back up for the cards so we cut our night short and left after about an hour. We stopped by Joshs parents to wish them a Happy New Year and got home. We got stuff ready for today and rocked out with Rock Band (Josh has been annoying me for days) and crashed by 9:45....what a day!!!!









Madelyne Update: Mati had some baby food yesterday! I thought we would start the New Year off with something new for her too. She has never had anything other than breastmilk and formula so this was quite different. I gave her bannanna's and she hated it! She would shiver as she watched the spoon come her way!!! I think he bib caught more than her mouth. Other than that she recognizes her bottle now and the other place she gets her milk from... :) All she has to do is see it and she is a happy camper! She knows whats coming! The bottle was something recent but the other has been for a while now. She started crying when I walked out of the room yesterday. I loved it! lol.....She has moods where she prefers Josh or myself for a while now, but she hasn't cried....she generally is just along for the ride no matter who is holding her.



I am so glad the new year has started...new resolutions to break and exciting stuff to see with Madelyne!

No comments:

Post a Comment