Monday, January 19, 2009

Loss

Unfortunately today when I got back from lunch, my mom called and told me that my step grandfather had passed away. Completely unexpected....My mind races with memories and sympathy for my grandmother. I gave him hell when he first started dating my grandmother. The death of my first grandfather was so overwhelming I couldn't believe she would remarry. She married him before the holidays and of 06' and by my wedding in March of 07' I had finally warmed up to him. I saw how he made my grandmother act like a teenage girl again and they were so in love. I swallowed my pride and decided he was what was best for her. After all he adored her and if they made each other happy, I should be happy. My grandmother says that our bonding moment was when we were setting up the day before my wedding. Almond and I were piecing 2 carpets together and it took both of us on the floor to do so, I could tell he was trying so hard to win me over and it worked. I am now humbled that I got to meet such an amazing man. No one should have to bury 2 husbands. I am at a loss for words on how I would feel. Josh is my other half that makes me whole, and I don't think I could make it without him. Yes, I am sure I could fake it on the outside for a while, but the brokeness inside would eventually kill me. I hope we go together. I know this blog in morbid and dreary, but I knew no other way to express my feelings. He will be missed~

No comments:

Post a Comment