Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love

Well today has gone so much more smooth than I could have asked..It's been the polar opposite of yesterday...I think I started my day off wrong by not making my bed...then as you have read before, my day turned into a complete nightmare. Turns out Josh was having a swamped day at the office so I made us a "comfort food" dinner, fat and all. Today has been a blessing...made bed...cleaned house...dropped Mati off...arrived early to work and knocked somethings out before lunch..now I only have 2 hours left and I will be on my way home...I need to go get somethings to make Madelyne's headband for Sunday but that's about it...I am joining a kickboxing class here in the next month. I am pretty excited. I canceled my 24 hour this month and I am just looking for another outlet. The wii fit will still be an outlet at home, but I would like to go somewhere for an hour to focus and kick some butt!!! I don't care what the scale says as long as I am toned...

Hmm... I am sitting at my desk ..sipping my cup of soup and taking it easy. A friend of mine blogged yesterday about marriage and she had some very valid points..I completely agree that marriage is work...it's dedication to that union and that person. When your engaged or seeing someone and you think of marriage you kinda think of "playing house"...It seems to me that the longer you have been together the shorter the "honeymoon " phase is..Marriage isn't instantly a bed of roses....but it can be...if you make it. I think the longer you are married and the more people involved (children) you have to work extra hard to let your spouse know they sweep you off your feet. Today I was talking to Josh on the phone during my lunch break and he said "bye baby"....I got butterflies like we had only been together a couple weeks and he was calling me baby....Generally when these feelings come and go I keep them to myself and forget about it. Today I text him and let him know how he made me feel ending with " I'm yours"...you could tell it made his day.You can't let the winds of life take over and smother the fire you once had for each other. It's normal to fight, it's an every week event in my house and I am not ashamed to share it. I think it makes my marriage stronger. Couples that act like they never fight make me sick. C'mon now...unless you never express you true opinions on subject then I can see where you wouldn't fight...or if you are abundantly wealthy...I think its impossible to not fight...be true to yourself and your spouse and duke it out one night!!! hahaha Making up is the best part. : ) Enough Dr. Phil.

So last night we googled Madelyne's weight and height to see what percentile she fell into, since I didn't get to hear this from her fired Dr. She is in the 75 % for her weight and 95 % for her height. She was very talkative yesterday. She talked to me the whole time I made dinner and had "jibber jabber" conversations with Josh and myself until bedtime. I love being a mommy and simply adore my beautiful little girl. Life has dealt me some hands I wish I could have thrown back, but she makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment