Monday, March 23, 2009

Fishing Tournament and a Sick Daddy

Well most of you know Josh and myself took off last Friday and headed down to Many, LA. Transocean has an annual Golf/ Fishing Tournament every year. His location isn't really involved, but my dads' is very much. Josh and I decided to have an easy morning and get packed up on Friday morning and head down around noon to get there for dinner that was being served at 5. All morning Mati had been a little fussy so, it was no surprise she wanted out of her car seat. She slept a good ways there until we thought she woke up hungry. It was time for her baby food feeding so I turned her car seat to the side so I could feed her real quick. Josh was watching in the rear view mirror when............yyyyuuuuuckkkkk....throw up started coming out of her mouth. She threw up like 2 cans of baby food. Josh was yelling...."GROSS".......We pulled off on the side of the road and tried to get her cleaned up. I stripped her down and handed her to Josh. He proceeded to tell me he felt like a redneck on the side of the road with his kid in a diaper. Keep in mind we are in the boonies.... So I used about half a box on her car seat doing damage control and back on the road we went. I got some pretty good pics of her playing with no pants on in the car. Once we got to my moms hotel we gave her a bath and headed down to eat some catfish. After eating Josh and I wandered off to take some pic's of Mati. You would never know that this was the kid that was vomiting 2 hours before. She really took some great pictures. She is starting to smile for the camera instead of looking dazed and confused. After her photo shoot we headed back for the hotel room. My parents watched Mati and Josh and I took off upstairs to play some pool. We suck BTW....lol...

Saturday after an amazing breakfast we headed down to the booths and got all of our free stuff...including glass bottles...thank you very much. We had some crawfish that was delish and took a few pictures of our model, and got back on the road. We had dinner with the Stricklers and had so much fun. Dakota is 2 and she entertained us the whole time. She was hilarious. Josh and I laughed even after we left dinner about how cute she was. Then it was off to our favorite store Babies R Us....... We picked up some new toys for Mati, and headed off to Dillards. I got her Easter dress, but I kept the receipt in case I find something else I like. Josh and I stayed up until 1 in the morning discussing ideas for our Sunday School class lesson.

Sunday came way to early and Josh was feeling horrible. He made it through our class and we headed straight home to let him relax. After her couldn't vomit....(tmi)...we took off to Wal-Mart for some groceries.. After we got home I got us all unpacked and the house clean before turning in. My mom watched Mati today since she has been so clingy and not herself. She only had 5 oz all day yesterday. This was the second time she has been sick. She had a little cold when she was 2 months, but that was it. Josh was in bed all afternoon so I have learned how to do so much with a child on my hip...lol...anyways...Josh is at work today and feeling about 70 %. Mati has her appetite back and seemed so happy today at lunch! Daddy might not be home on time tonight so Mati and me will have some fun before supper....Hopefully we get to go for our bike ride!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment