Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lunchtime Smooches!!!

Today is Mati's second day at daycare, and she is doing great. I went and check on her on my lunch break and she was smiling and laughing. She was really having a good time. I like to sup rise visit so I can make sure she is getting well taken care of. I don't go into work until 8 and the daycare is maybe 2 miles from my job, so we get there around 7 and I get all her things out and we play for a while. She looked really comfortable today. She smiled at me when I left so I knew she was ok. I called and checked on her around 9:30 and she was doing good and about to eat her oatmeal. I darted out at the door at lunchtime. I have been so anxious to see her when she is at the daycare...no idea why. She smothered me in wet kisses all over my face and I fed her, her bottle. She passed out in my arms...mouth open and everything. I tried to lay her down when I left, but of course she woke up. The music teacher was arriving as I was leaving so, I knew she would be entertained. She went back down for a nap around 2. I can't wait to pick her up. Come on 4 o'clock!!!

Last night Josh and I rode our 12 miles again. I feel really slim today. No idea why, but I do. I took pictures of myself about 2 weeks ago and wasn't very happy with what I saw. SO......I have been really focused and I am very proud of myself. Last night we watched the biggest loser. I think the right person went home. BUT.....it really showed me the importance of eating right. It's like my light bulb has been turned on. I was exercising sporadically and eating what I wanted....no good... For example, eating a cookie that had 347 calories....would have taken me over 30 minutes to burn off...I wasn't even burning the bad things I had eaten. I would just tell myself...its a cookie or a piece of cake...BUT it seriously clicked for me. I can't even explain the self control I have had this week.

Last night we worked with Mati some more on the floor, and she is making a lot of progress. You have to keep her attention away from the fact that she is on her tummy. Motherhood has opened my eyes soooooo much. There isn't anytime to be selfish....I left that at the hospital...She is my focus and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment